Blog post prompt: Top 10 items you use in your niche.Amendment: Changing the word ‘niche’ to ‘industry’, because I hate the word niche.
I work in two very different fields, so I am going to list five tools for each area. Originally, I was going to list 10 tools for writing, but you don’t need 10 tools.
I’ll include affiliate links when possible.
1. Spiral Notebooks – I find spiral notebooks in discount bins, Dollar Tree, Target, etc.
2. Pilot Precise V7 RT – I have a lot of high quality pens that I use when I am doing more intentional writing. For brainstorm, mapping, note taking, this pen is the best. Also, they are refillable.
3. Freewrite – A typewriter that doesn’t use paper and is linked to your Dropbox.
4. Dropbox – Back your stuff up!
5. Scrivener – A word processor with sections
1. Manduka Pro Mat – 7lbs mat. I’ve had mine for years, and it is still in excellent shape. Read about it here: https://amzn.to/2NvGZau
2. Manduka Travel Mat – This mat is only 2lbs and can be folded. Super nice mat. Another on that I’ve had for years, and it is still sticky. Not good for folks with sensitive knees. Read more here: https://amzn.to/2Dmou3j
3. Sandbag – For all of your sandbagging needs. https://amzn.to/2xxQpIn
4. Adjustable Dumbbells – Excellent space savers and a decent progression of weight. https://amzn.to/2DnuyZA
5. Vibram 5 Finger Shoes – I train barefoot as often as possible (yes, even running), but when I can’t, I wear these. https://amzn.to/2NA7cVl